metsubishi

Tools and equipment to get the job done.
Mr. Happy

metsubishi

Post by Mr. Happy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 am

Dose anyone us metsubishi (blinding powder)? If so what recipe do you use?

I like to use a mix of 1 part cornstarch to 4 parts chile powder. But i think that if you want something really "blinding" i think that cornstarch and glass powder would be best, but that really only if you want to turn someones eye into soup.

CokeCanNinja

Re: metsubishi

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 am

I use it sometimes. Then I do I just dump everything it. Flour and salt are the two easiest things to find, and cheap. Flour wants to hang in the air which is sometimes helpful. It also turns into a bit of a paste when the persons eyes start to water.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 am

My basic ingredients are flour, salt, pepper and onion salt ground into a fine powder. I've also got an old flourescent tube-bulb around here somewhere which I'm planning to crush up to make permanent 'eye closers'.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 am

Xanatos wrote:My basic ingredients are flour, salt, pepper and onion salt ground into a fine powder. I've also got an old flourescent tube-bulb around here somewhere which I'm planning to crush up to make permanent 'eye closers'.
Same here. Flour, Salt, Pepper, but also grinded chalk. You know, to use on a chalkboard? colours the powder to your flavour and is a true dry bitch to the eyes. Some metsubishi recipes do include glass crystals. But I find that too much of a permanent solution. Next to that, with a bad wind the stuff will turn against you. And if temporary works just as well for you as permanently, I do not want anyone's blindness on my name nor do I think it's worth the risk permanently blinding myself.
that's why roger podactor was murdered,
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Well I don't plan on taking the permanent doses on an op, but they could come in handy someday.
We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth.
What is locked, can be opened. What is hidden, can be found. What is yours... can be mine.

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm

I wonder if you could dry out some pepper spray and add it?

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:17 am

It'd make more sense to just leave the pepper spray intact and use that instead.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Xanatos wrote:It'd make more sense to just leave the pepper spray intact and use that instead.
hahahaha

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Xanatos wrote:It'd make more sense to just leave the pepper spray intact and use that instead.
True, bu you couldn't take it into places with metal detectors.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:34 pm

CokeCanNinja wrote:
True, bu you couldn't take it into places with metal detectors.
Then put it in a plastic spray can instead of a metal one?
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Depends on the quality of the metal detector - a few weeks ago I brought 4 throwing knives & a folding knife into a courthouse without setting off the metal detectors. Either their warranty has expired or I'm a walking anomaly (both explanations are equally plausible).

CokeCanNinja

Post by CokeCanNinja » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Xanatos wrote:Depends on the quality of the metal detector - a few weeks ago I brought 4 throwing knives & a folding knife into a courthouse without setting off the metal detectors. Either their warranty has expired or I'm a walking anomaly (both explanations are equally plausible).
Or you're super Jesus.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 pm

super jesus most likely

theconfusedone

Post by theconfusedone » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:14 am

i did 1/5 flour (dries the eyes)
1/5 pepper (burns the eyes)
1/5 tiny pebbles/dust/dirt (cuts the eyes)
1/5 garlic powder (makes eyes water)
1/5 various spices

(:
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -Siddhartha Gautama

The above post is completely hypothetical.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:19 am

i usually mark my containers with Xs to show the potency (one x being short term, 2 being longterm, 3 being permanent)

but here is my new secret recipe that i have been making for a while (this will be more than enough for one batch)

2 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch

3 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder

1 tablespoon of white pepper

a sprinkle of curry powder

1 tablespoon of black pepper

2 tablespoons of flour

i have tested diluted versions on myself, and even those got my eyes burning and had me heaving.

The Atomic Fishy

Post by The Atomic Fishy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 am

i am experimenting with recipes for extended hang time
my current "permanent" solution mix
-the powder from three chemical hand warmers (the activates with air and good for 8-12hr type)
-flower
-ultra fine cornstarch (usually spend a hr or two grinding with a mortar while watching tv)
-ultra fine ground pepper powder (usually spend a hr or two grinding with a mortar while watching tv)
-ultra fine powdered sawdust
-optional bake it all together (except the pepper power because i want to keep the capsaisin oils) in the oven for about 10 min at 300 digress to dry out all the moisture with the hopes of giving it the maximum capacity to dry out my enemy eyes not shure if it actualy works but if i got extra time it cant hurt right
-mix again and one last grind up
in a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society.
NO hobo codes-http://no.surgen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=6527#p6527
Op tag: ATOMFIS

Dark Kaiser

Post by Dark Kaiser » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 am

The only point of making and testing metsubishi is that it's fun. Sure it works, but that's what pepper spray is for, if not a lot more effective. Ninjas would've fucking loved bear mace back then :mrgreen:
'A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Churchill

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah but in some places (like Australia) pepper spray isn't commercially available, so metsubishi is my only option.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Maybe not, my studies with wine making may have an interesting crossover here. Typical CS spray methods found online usually involve a combination of alcohol, dry ice, and the actual oleoresin capsicum. The dry ice is meant to pressurize whatever canister you put the diluted oil into, but let's face it - most people can't get dry ice reasonably, either due to availability, price, or questions.

However, a dirt cheap sugar wine can reach 20% alcohol or more and the fermentation process can pressurize whatever vessel it is in, meaning that if you were to abruptly dump the wine into a container and seal it, you'd have pressurized alcohol and water - this is technically similar to the emulsifier found in the real thing.

From there, you should be able to add whatever irritants are available or actually go out, buy chili peppers, and extract the capsaicin from them (Google it, seems pretty simple). Capsaicin can also be found at certain drug and health stores as a natural medicine for clearing sinuses and other ailments in oil and cream form.

Then you just need a spray canister to put everything into. Finding something suitably small, rugged, and refillable could be tricky but look around. I might stress the "rugged" part over anything since I don't think you'd be having a fun time if the canister ruptured and created a mist of OC everywhere. Unless that was the goal...
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

Urgon

Post by Urgon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 pm

AVE...

Grab some chemistry glassware, vacuum pump, Soxhlet extractor and do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyDVZPaZng
Then mix one part of your product with nine parts of water. Use this as very strong pepper spray. 10 time stronger than anything that is commercially available. Making this more potent is dangerous - higher doses are potentially lethal...
"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Airship pirate...

inthedark

Post by inthedark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 am

*Pulls out pen and paper*... all great stuff but what about home made smoke bombs. I think those would be effective and I know a few recipes for those
Come at me with a sword, I'll retaliate with the dark.

Above this signature is a post... a fictional post.... nothing about it is real... nothing

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:30 am

Smoke bombs are ineffective as they take time to ignite and aren't much help if your pursuers are right in front of you. The only way they would work is if you light one as a distraction & throw it somewhere else or if you get pinned behind cover by a guard's flashlight & need to cover your escape. But seriously, how many of us have ever used a smoke bomb on an op?

inthedark

Post by inthedark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Noted, I'm still new here.
Come at me with a sword, I'll retaliate with the dark.

Above this signature is a post... a fictional post.... nothing about it is real... nothing

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Keep taking notes; knowledge doesn't weigh anything and the more of it you have the better it will serve you on ops. Of course knowledge by itself is nothing if you don't put it into practice: knowledge + experience = wisdom.

Mr. Happy

Post by Mr. Happy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:49 am

i wanted to make a smoke bomb that when lit it would carry metsubishi formula trough the air along with the smoke.

Psychlonic

Post by Psychlonic » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:20 am

That's pretty much how a CS gas grenade works, although the smoke isn't as intense as a regular smoke grenade. A CS grenade uses rows of compressed CS pellets that burn up, you could probably make a version with 65/35 CS/smoke respectively if you wanted more smoke. The problem is, those grenades burn hot so they use a metallic canister. You can do the same, but if you're wanting to use it on a night operation, you're going to leave behind evidence anyways.

And this is completely aside from the fact that using it would be counterproductive in nearly every situation besides perhaps being inside of a building or in an alley at a fork since you should already be hard to see and will be able to escape and create an advantageous situation. I've never used a smoke grenade before and never really found myself needing one.

For what it's worth.

I have a guide that will produce an instant-burst smoke bomb as popularized by movies with ninja in them that I can upload later anyways if you want to mess around though. Add some irritants to the mix and see what happens when you walk into it. :P
Knowledge alone is not power, it is the potential for power. That potential can only be unlocked through applying that knowledge and realizing the skill.

joshvillen

Post by joshvillen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:59 am

You're completely right about CS gas grenades being useless in open areas but I can't seeing it hurting your case if you drop one behind you or set one up for someone trying to run you down. I think flash bangs would suite these purposes far better though.

Captain Winky

Post by Captain Winky » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:22 pm

has anyone ever considered salt? Seriously, salt.

The longest lasting effect of regular spray, which is even a bitch to get out with an eye douche, was the fact that it was just a bitch to get your eyes open, and when you did, even the resulting sunlight you'd look into would hurt like a bitch.

I've been in a situation not unlike this a short while ago in the caribbean. Ofcourse, diving again. When I took off my mask to clear the fog (because I hadn't spit-cleaned it properly), salty water would get into my eyes and as a result, I had trouble watching. Figures the water had a remarkable high amount of salt in it, which bothers a lot of immigrants during the first year.

When it gets on you, salt, and especially mixed with water, can be a surprising inconvenience. Most of it's effects, like drying into the skin, isn't really that much of a help, but if it reaches the eyes, I'd be pretty damn pissed. Perhaps it doesn't hurt as much, but fuck the pain, the real advantage is that your opponents can't see. It can be thrown around as a cloud of salt, but it could be mixed with water to create a highly salty mixture, like the spray.

The downside is, since the salt water back then didn't seem to bother the locals, is probably more sensitive to immunity than regular spray. Regardless, it could just make for a cheap and easy solution.
HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 am

I add salt to my metsubishi as a drying, stinging irritant. Each ingredient in my 'recipe' has its particular effects and even holding the tube close to my face is already irritating, so a direct hit would seriously fuck up any pursuers (even dogs). I'm still waiting for a direct confrontation to confirm my hypothesis.